Why We Love Lemon Essential Oil
*Prior to reading this article on lemon oil uses (or any other health-related information on our website) please take a moment to read our full Health Disclosure.
Lemon essential oil is such a great one to keep on hand!
Not only does it smell great, but it works wonders as a disinfectant as well! I add a drop or 2 of this amazing oil to my top load washing machine every few loads and it helps keeps it fresh & clean.
I also use it as a floor cleaner, adding just a few drops to my hard floors before running the steam mop over them – smells ah-mazing!
This is also a must-have oil when there is a sore throat in the house. My kids almost always feel immediate relief when I rub some diluted lemon oil on the front and sides of their neck.
It’s seriously some amazing stuff!
Believe it or not, but essential oils can also make a wonderful addition to many different baked goods, and lemon essential oil is no exception!
I love to add this oil to my homemade blueberry muffins. This is definitely one of my absolute favorite lemon oil uses of all time — seriously, SO good!
Our Favorite Lemon Essential Oil
Our lemon oil of choice is Young Living. I absolutely love the company’s oils and their standards!
To find out why we love their oils so much, check out essential oil uses to get all the details on our chosen brand! Plus, find out how to use oils in everyday life!
Lemon essential oil has a refreshing scent and is extremely versatile. This oil can be used in many different ways. Aromatically, topically, orally, and even as a cleaning agent.
Lemon Oil Uses…
- Diffuse for fragrance, as a disinfectant, or to improve allergies.
- Rub in hands and cup over nose inhaling deeply to promote alertness
- Use as a spot treatment for acne.
- Apply to the outside of the throat/front of the neck to relieve a sore throat
- Apply to the sternum to relieve heartburn
*NOTE: When applying oils topically you may want to dilute with a carrier oil if you have sensitive skin or when using on children.
- Add 2-3 drops to a full glass of water to get rid of toxins
- Take in a capsule to fight infections
*NOTE: Lemon Vitality is labeled for oral use, but contains the same essential oil as regular lemon oil.
- Add 2-3 drops to the washing machine prior to usage
- Use as a stain removal
- Remove sticky residue from tape or stickers
- Remove tree sap from hands
- Use as a stainless steel polisher
- Place drops of lemon oil on the floor before mopping, or add directly to mop water
Love this article on lemon oil uses? Take a moment to share it with other essential oil lovers on social media!